Monday, January 23, 2006

EVENews.com 1st Prize winner!

Talk about a great way to start the week!

This morning I got an email from Martin Ellis from EVENews.com telling me I had won the 1st prize in their first ever competition. I'm the lucky winner of the 2nd issue of E:ON #2, and an autographed CD of the EVE soundtrack.

I had planned to eventually get the soundtrack, but getting a signed copy is one hell of a prize. I'm really excited about it and can't wait to get it. Depending on when it's shipped, I might get it by next week - since it's coming from the UK.

EVENews.com is really "the" news site I visit daily, now that EVE-I.com is long gone. There's always the latest news and some great articles on various subject. The following list of Guides is a great read for any EVE player:

I really encourage you to bookmark it or blinklist it, and read it on a daily basis, cause it has the finger on most major scoops.

As for the soundtrack, well I'll have to let you know when I get it. H
aving downloaded all available tracks from the EVE Download Music section, I should not be disappointed, though my favorite track "Opinions of the Misinformed" isn't on the soundtrack. But an autographed copy is a collectors prize. It makes it that much special.
Thanks again to EVENews.com for their contest, for the prizes, but mostly for their hard work in providing the EVE Online community with such a great resource.

Long live EVENews.com.

Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or is EVENews gone?

"Well its been a blast. I'm sorry to have to report I am now closing EVEnews. While visitor count is still fairly strong at roundly 1000 visits a day. I no longer play EVE Online and most of the staff for the site have long lost interest.

It's only been a matter of time before I was to do this given the lack of updates to the site."

CrazyKinux said...

Indeed they've shutdown some time ago. I think it wasn't too long after getting the prize that they shutdown.

Too bad, cause it was a great site for good info.